If you don’t want the expense or aggro of hiring staff, but are feeling overwhelm and can’t get everything done, this is where outsourcing to a virtual assistant comes in. Working remotely, you don’t pay VAs for holiday or sick pay, coffee or lunch breaks. These days it’s easy to work with people who are not necessarily in the same building as you – all you need is email and cloud based systems. You will still be able to develop a professional working relationship with your VA just as you would with a staff member, and as a small business owner, they understand the challenges you face. The beauty is you just pay for what you need and use. No paying a temp to sit there with nothing to do half the time!
There are lots of ways that you can benefit from outsourcing some or all of your admin to a virtual assistant. Here’s just a few:
- Administrative Support – email management, invoicing, arranging meetings, research, ordering supplies, helping with events… all take valuable time when YOU could be doing fee earning work or developing your business.
- Social Media Support – Your VA can set up your social media profiles or update them, and manage your posts and monitor their impact.
- Website Updates – it’s important to add new content to your website on a regular basis. A VA can add new stuff such as blog posts to keep your website content fresh and interesting and drive traffic to your site and improve your SEO rankings.
- Transcription – just dictate your letters, reports, interviews and invoices on a digital recording device or Smartphone, email them over and your VA can type them up into professional documents while you get on with something else.
- Research – do you spend far too long looking for things on the internet? Pass this onto your VA while they do it and you gain a few hours back for the stuff that you really need to concentrate on.
- Create Passive Revenue – ever thought of creating and selling e-books that help your clients with some of their common problems? A VA can help you put together the content and put it into the right format.
- Chasing up testimonials – do you ever think, “I must get round to asking so and so for a testimonial…” and then forget about it? Before you know months have gone by… get your VA to strike while the iron is hot and ask for a testimonial on completion of a project. You can these use these in your marketing material or as part of a case study if your client is in agreement.
How do I go about outsourcing to a virtual assistant?
If you aren’t sure where your time goes and you aren’t sure what to outsource, we recommend keeping a log for a week or so, using an electronic calendar. Using different colours for different types of work (fee earning/admin/travel/meetings etc) you can see at a glance where your time is being spent. What is wasting your time when you could be earning money or developing your business? What do you absolutely hate doing? Next, prioritize the things that are your biggest time wasters or bugbears and then get in touch with us to find out how we can help you save time and money and become more efficient and productive.